Thursday, January 8, 2009

It started cloudy but soon cleared up. Paul went off to play golf with Sean at Clovelly golf course near Fishoek. I got on with my terracing which was very hot work - so lots of dips in the pool (you were right Dad - the pool was beckoning!)
This evening we went to a restaurant we've never been to before but it's been around for years. We went to 'The Top of the Ritz' restaurant on the 21st floor of the Ritz Hotel in SeaPoint with Archie and Tasmin. It's a revolving restaurant and there are amazing views of Cape Town and out to Robben Island. It reminded me of my 18th birthday at the top of the tower in Liverpool and I'm sure we had a similar meal to what we had in 1977 ! We had been warned that the menu was stuck in the 70's but it was very nice. Paul and I had prawn cocktail followed by Chateaubriand and Crepes Suzette for pud cooked at the table with lots of flames! Tasmin and I had Cosmopolitans to start with!
Here are the pics: a view of the new world cup stadium from The Ritz and various views in the restaurant and finally the hotel as we left:




4 comments:

Linda B said...

Hello, well, from the inside, it looks like the tower in Liverpool, apart from the views! From the outside, it looks like the old Holiday Inn in Hollywood which is now the Renaissance. The Holiday Inn used to have a revolving restaurant which became the Presidential Suite (where the "Calendar Girls" stayed in the movie) at the Renaissance! The stadium looks like it needs alot of work before it'll be ready for next year! It's been a beautiful day here today - warm, sunny and not a cloud in the sky! xx

Anonymous said...

...all your pics worked today!
WHAT A SUPER LOT OF PICS TOO.
SORRY TO HAVE TO GO WITHOUT SAYING MUCH- BUT I WANT TO GET MY CYBER-SHOT GOING TONIGHT SO IT'LL WORK FOR ME TOMORROW. (It's stuck in FLIGHT MODE at the moment!??)
SO, 'BYE FOR NOW- CHAT SOON, LOVE, US X X X

Anonymous said...

I.m not sure what I.m going to do when you come back to the UK!
I.m really going to miss the blog.it certainly cheers up a gloomy day in Croydon!
Really enjoyed Demons last sat with your freind Philip.

Love Sue xx

Capetonian said...

Great blog entry. I run a travel website at www.southafrica.to and have been digging around for quality blog entries about the Ritz Hotel. I've linked to this posting from Ritz Sea Point webpage. Keep up the great writing!