Friday, January 9, 2009

It was wet and windy in the night and this morning - plenty of rain for the garden. The rain stopped this morning and it had cleared up by this afternoon. The forecast is good for tomorrow. I'm getting a bit nervous because Kate & Lindsay want me to take the official family portrait tomorrow as all the family are in CT.
Today I got on with the terracing but I still haven't finished. I need to buy some potting soil to fill up behind the terraces. For some reason it's always very hot and humid down there and I must sweat several pints every time I work down there!
We went to a local sushi restaurant for lunch - it's just down the hill from us and it's nice because we look up at our mountain.
Here are the pics: a picture of me and the brush's shadow but where am I??the house last night; a nice sky pic and interesting shadows on the trellis:



2 comments:

Linda B said...

All very esoteric!! Good luck with the family portrait! I'm sure you'll do a great job! When are you going to visit with Monty? xx

Anonymous said...

......the Sky and sea and scenery all jump into exactly the right place for your photos!
YOU'RE A WIZARD, GARY. IS THE SECRET IN THE cosmopolitans??????
I'M SURE THE FAMILY PORTRAIT WILL BE THE BEST THEY'VE HAD TAKEN THIS YEAR!? (or any year, for that matter!)
I'M DISAPPOINTED THAT THE CYBER-SHOT HAS NO SPEAKER- BUT OTHERWISE IT'S PRETTY GOOD. THE SKY ETC WON'T JUMP INTO PLACE FOR ME, SO I HAVEN'T TAKEN A DECENT PIC YET. THE TELEPHOTO ZOOM LOOKS GOOD
CAN I GET A PIC OF A JAY FEEDING, I WONDER? HE DOES PLENTY,SO IF HE JUMPS INTO PLACE FOR ME, I'LL GET HIM THROUGH THE WINDOW!?!?!
A NICE PIC OF MONTY WOULD LOOK GOOD, GARY. Keep up the good work!
"Bye now, Love, Us X X X